WELCOME TO THE VISA SECTION
Kenya High Commission
45 Portland Place
All British Passport holders require a visa to go to Kenya.
All children will now be required to obtain an entry visa to Kenya.
Multiple entry visas may only be issued to British Passport holders on application.
Immunisation against Yellow Fever and Cholera is recommended.
Malaria prevention is strongly recommended.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR RELEVANT FORM
Form V1 to be completed to apply for a Visa
Form 3 to be completed to apply for a Work/Entry Permit
TYPES OF VISAS AND FEE CHARGED
Kenya visa fee charges.
- Single entry visa .........................................£30
- Multiple entry visa (1 Year) ..........................£60
- NB: All children will now be required to obtain an entry Visa to Kenya
- Transit Visa ................................................£10
- Referral Visa fee (non refundable) ..................£5
- A valid passport with at least one unused page for endorsement.
- It should be valid for at least six months at the date of entry to Kenya.
- A completed Visa application form (V1).
- One recent passport size photo.
- Travel itinerary / business letter / letter of invitation if visiting family and friends
- Postal Orders, Bank Drafts or Building society cheques for application through the mail made payable to “Kenya High Commission”.
- Cash only for personal callers.
- A stamped self addressed envelope preferably special delivery (for postal applications).
- Indicate your daytime telephone number.
- Personal Cheques and Credit Cards are not acceptable.
Visa applications presented at the counter are ready for collection after 3 working days
Postal applications take about 1 week from the date of receipt. Referral cases take at least 8 weeks.
Please include a recorded/special delivery envelope to return your passport if your application is being processed through the post.
1) A Single Entry Visa is issued for entry to Kenya within three months from the date of issue.
2) Transit Visa – issued for the purpose of connecting flights
OPENING TIMES -
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
9:30AM - 12:00PM (FOR PRESENTATION)
2:00PM - 3:30PM (FOR COLLECTION)
PLEASE ALLOW 72 HOURS AFTER PRESENTATION
COUNTRIES WHOSE NATIONALS REQUIRE
REFERRED VISAS – APPLICATIONS ARE SENT
TO NAIROBI FOR APPROVAL
- NORTH KOREA
STATELESS PERSONS NOT HOLDING VALID PASSPORTS OR
OTHER TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ISSUED BY THEIR OWN COUNTRY
OF NATIANALITY. THIS INCLUDES RECOGNISED REFUGEES –
HOLDERS OF THE UNITED NATIONS REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT.
THE ABOVE LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
REFERRED VISAS INFO
THIS IS APPLICABLE TO NATIONALS OF COUNTRIES THAT ARE UNABLE TO OBTAIN VISAS WITHIN 72 HOURS FROM THE HIGH COMMISSION AND HOLDERS OF THE FOLLOWING THREE TYPES OF DOCUMENTS:
- TRAVEL DOCUMENT
- CERTIFICATE OF IDENTITY
- STATELESS PERSONS AND REFUGEE DOCUMENT
- COMPLETE 3 APPLICATION FORMS
- AN APPLICATION FEE OF £5 (POSTAL ORDERS/CASH, NO PERSONAL CHEQUES
- A LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM EMPLOYER OR COPIES OF THEIR RESIDENT OR WORK PERMITS
- YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENT OR PASSPORT
- 3 PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPHS
- BANK STATEMENT
- LETTER FROM HOST IN KENYA
PROCESSING PROCEDURE AND DURATION
- APPLICATIONS ARE FORWARDED TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN NAIROBI, ONCE A WEEK ON FRIDAY. THIS PROCESS CAN TAKE UP TO SIX (6) WEEKS AND SOMETIMES LONGER.
- A LETTER OF APPROVAL/REJECTION WOULD BE SENT TO YOU WHEN A REPLY IS RECEIVED FROM NAIROBI. IF IT IS APPROVED WE WILL ASK YOU FOR A VISA FEE OF £20. IF IT IS NOT APPROVED YOUR INITIAL FEE OF £7 WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
- NATIONALS OF ANY OTHER COUNTRY WHICH DOES NOT APPEAR ABOVE MAY OBTAIN VISA ON APPLICATION EITHER AT THE MISSION OR ANY KENYA PORT OF ENTRY SUBJECT TO FULFILMENT OF THE NORMAL REQUIREMENTS.
- IF YOU APPLY AT THE PORT OF ENTRY, YOU WILL NOT NEED A PHOTOGRAPH.
COUNTRIES WHOSE NATIONALS DO NOT REQUIRE A VISA TO GO TO KENYA
- ANTIGUE AND BARBUDA
- THE BAHAMAS
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- THE GAMBIA
- PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- FIJI ISLANDS
- MALAYSIA IF LESS THAN 30 DAYS
- SIERRA LEONE
- SOLOMON ISLANDS
- ST. LUCIA
- ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
- SA MARINO
THE ABOVE LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGES.
IMPORT LICENSE FOR CATS AND DOGS
- A formal request indicating the importer's name and address.
- Current Health Certificate from a Veterinary doctor.
- A stamped self addressed envelope.
- Allow at least one week processing time.
- A fee of £30 in Postal Orders payable to Kenya High Commission.
- Immunisation against Yellow Fever and Cholera is recommended.
- Malaria prevention is strongly recommended.
Telephone: 020 7636 2371/5
Fax: 020 7323 6717
Kenya High Commission
45 Portland Place